Meridian Care is proud to be one of the largest facilities
in Texas providing ventilator support. Our unit is staffed with licensed respiratory
therapist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Specially trained physicians,
nurses and technologists assure the finest quality care for our ventilator-dependent,
adult residents. Every effort is made to assist qualified residents toward
weaning goals and their eventual return to the community
- Our unit has 60 ventilator-dependent beds utilizing the LP-10 model
- We have state-of-the-art electronic monitoring on all ventilator equipment.
- Each ventilator incorporates a sophisticated internal and external
alarm and monitoring system.
- Our ventilator-specific, emergency generator ensures that our residents
receive uninterupted service, even during power outages.
- Our ventilators are portable and can be attached to wheelchairs, providing
ventilator-dependent residents with mobility and opportunities to
- All respiratory therapists are certified and highly qualified to meet
the special needs of ventilator-dependent patients.
- Rehabilitation services are provided on-site and include strength training
to increase physical endurance and instruction in bed mobility. Respiratory
therapists accompany each patient during therapy sessions to ensure
- All ventilator-dependent residents are regularly evaluated for removal
from supportive equipment.